The Science of Pranic Healing
One of the fundamental tenets of Science is that when you’re performing an experiment, you should be able to observe it and replicate the results by following the same steps every time.
Master Choa Kok Sui, in his development of Pranic Healing, observed the existence of vital energy. He noted that it constantly affects people’s health and well-being, whether or not they are aware of it. Through systematic research and a team of clairvoyant observations, he deduced that people with lower amounts of vital energy tend to be weak and sickly, with a weaker aura, while those with greater amounts of energy tended to be healthier, along with a brighter aura.
His case studies showed that people with similar ailments tended to have certain energetic patterns. For example, patients with hypertension were observed to have an over-active Meng Mein Chakra coupled with a congested, over-active Solar Plexus Chakra.
Master Choa had an encyclopedic knowledge of various healing modalities and spiritual technologies along with a formal education in Chemical Engineering. He used this along with his knowledge of Yoga, Chi Kung, Theosophy and Psychic Phenomenon to help him understand the matter deeply and design further experiments to furnish data and validate his findings.
The research methodology was conducted on genuine patients with health issues and ailments. The experimental healing techniques were investigated through observations, interviews and follow-ups. More than 20 years of research and refinement was spent in creating and codifying the science behind Pranic Healing. It included the principles, techniques and procedures with the express scientific aim that anybody following the protocol will be able to replicate the healing results.
In 1987, Pranic Healing was formally introduced to the general public through the publication of a book called “The Ancient Science and Art of Pranic Healing”. It became popular in numerous countries as more and more people started applying it on their family members, loved ones and friends. Master Choa Kok Sui encouraged experiments and observations to validate the effectiveness of his system. People testified to its miraculous results and those testimonies were included in the last chapter of the book for the public read and validate. The name of the book was subsequently changed to “Miracles through Pranic Healing.”
In Hospitals and in Research
With the spread of Pranic Healing globally, workshops were conducted in universities, hospitals, corporations and churches. The simplicity, sophistication and non-sectarian approach in the description of problems and providing solutions for them made Pranic Healing a popular method even amongst medical doctors. California Neurosurgery hospital was among the first medical institutions where Pranic Healing was used to complement medical treatments. Departments of Pranic Healing were later put up in a number of hospitals including Apollo Specialty Hospitals in Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Nedlands, Western Australia, and Cancer Center of Ventura County in Oxnard, California.
Presently, academic research is being conducted across the world in Pranic Healing modalities. A number of papers have been published in scientific and scholarly journals and publications. Some of the data will be cited at the end of this article.
It’s important to note that Healing was considered more of an art than a science in times past, with the technology of healing being shrouded in mystery. More often than not, the proponents of healing would zealously maintain secrecy about the healing methods. Therefore, having a healing technology with a well established, systematic framework, with techniques and protocols is considerably different than an art form. Pranic Healing is a science in this sense as it presented a step-by-step formula and procedure that, when applied by people, can produce replicable and expected results.
Currently Pranic Healing is being practiced in more than 100 countries and the Miracles through Pranic Healing book is translated into more than 30 languages. We encourage more scientific and academic researches to be conducted by scholars to validate the techniques and applications of Pranic Healing dealing with various physical and psychological health issues.
Research and Studies
- Experiment on Superbrain Yoga | Kim Siar |Norristown Middle School Pennsylvania |2005 The test showed a 21.487% improvement in exam results of the study group compared to 2.7125% of the control group. There was also a dramatic increase in student participation in and out of the classroom.
- Relationship of Meditation on Twin Hearts with Neuro Hormones and Neuropeptides | Glenn Joseph Mendoza, M.D., M.P.H. and Master Pranic Healer, & Suriya Ghorpadkar | New Jersey
The study proved a positive relationship between the Meditation on Twin Hearts and serum levels of melatonin (up to 300% increase) but no significant impact on plasma beta-endorphins
- Investigation of the Effect of Pranic Healing Techniques on Birthing Process and Maternal Outcomes | Andrea Tarabek R.N. and Jim Sorden, Senior Certified Pranic Healer | California | 2003.Pranic Healing techniques were applied to prepare birthing rooms from Feb till Dec 2003. The data of 256 births during Feb till Dec compared to 722 births in 2000, 2001 and 2002 showed positive effects on the delivery process and maternal outcomes. 19% of cases with intact perineum in 2002 increased up to 33% while 34% of cases with no pain increased to 45%. 22% of cases with complications in 2002 reduced to 17% during Feb-Dec 2003.
- Western Australian Centre for Cancer and Palliative Care | Edith Cowan University conducted a research together with Aurora Popescu as the research assistant on cancer patients
A 17-month study on patients receiving complementary treatments, including Pranic Healing, through the SCGH Brownes Cancer Support Centre reported improvements in both quality of life and symptom distress scores. These improvements were marked between the pre and post scores for each treatment visit, and there was also improvement over the course of the sessions from treatment 1 to treatment 6.
- Quantitative Evaluation of Pranic Healing using Radiation of Cells in Culture |Dr. Joie P. Jones, Professor of Radiological Sciences of the University of California
Irvine’s research showed 48.8% of cell survival rate with gamma radiation can be increased up to 92.3% by applying Pranic Healing before and after radiation.